Have I mentioned before on here that I absolutely adore summer? Because you know what? I do. This summer is shaping up to be a pretty exciting and busy one. I’m doing a lot. Seeing new things. Baking new treats. Meeting up with old friends. Working hard. Going back to my roots. It’s great and without the pressure of school, I’m thriving. Summer, needless to say, is my happiest of happy places.
Since we’re a little over halfway through the first month of bucket list goals, I decided to check in. Here is my bucket list post so you can check it out!
- Go for a bike ride on the Boston Trail. Not yet! Maybe next weekend?
- Go camping! I’m going mid-July, the week before my trip to Austria, with my best friend Tessa and our boyfriends. Stay tuned for that adventure!
Get a tan.Halfway there, I say. I have the awkward boob tanline, so that’s pretty exciting!
- Learn to roast a chicken, Julia Child style. Ugh, no, not yet!
Swim!Done and done! (though I would love to swim more! :)) Learn to make alterations with the sewing machine.I made alterations on a bikini top already…now onto a skirt!
- Go out to dinner for lobster. Still awaiting my chance!
- Pick blackberries and bake a pie! It’s not pie season yet 😦
- Finish season seven of Mad Men. Ugh this one is taking me ages! I did, though, start watching Bob’s Burgers.
Read. A lot.I’m done with Joyous Health and with The Fault in Our Stars (sobbing at 2 a.m., it’s fine). I did get a stack of books from a Half Price book sale (all for $2 each) so I have a ton more to get through!
The list definitely could use more progress, but I’m getting there! In other ways, I’ve done a lot. I’ve seen three concerts since we last checked in – Jeff Tweedy, Ben Folds with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and Jake Bugg. I visited the zoo and Sandcastle. I’ve been working out HARD at the gym and feeling good about it. And, of course, I’ve baked a couple of recipes of donuts that I’m eager to share.
I’m excited to cross off more things, and I’m considering continuing the list for each season. What do you think? Whats on your summer bucket list?